Thursday 16 January 2014



I was a little hesitant to try out this foundation. Instead of being thrilled, the idea of only paying $6.50 actually put me off. But I recently decided to give it a go after reading quite a few happy reviews.

The Essence Stay All Day 16hr Foundation is actually a great product for those looking so something (much!) cheaper or even for those who are just starting to play around with makeup. The foundation applies smoothly and doesn't feel dry or cling to any dry patches that I may have on my face. It's quite a thick formula but it does spread easily and can be blended quite well.

With only 4 shades, it's not ideal for a lot of people. I wear the lightest shade, 20 - Soft Nude and find that it blends nicely with my skin tone. However, it does have pink undertones which are a little too pink and I can notice this when I have applied the foundation. That being said, it doesn't look odd and I have reached for this foundation quite a few times since it's purchase.

The claim is that this foundation lasts for 16 hours - I haven't worn it for this for that long but it has lasted me a full 8+ hours of work and it still looked quite good. I wouldn't suggest this for those oily skinned beauties as it can get a bit shiney - but I have fixed this by adding a dusting of powder to the T-Zone.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you can get reasonably good quality products that are actually affordable. I think Essence is perfect for highschool students who don't have much money but still want to play around with a bit of makeup from time to time.

    ReplyDelete